50 other bloggers took part in this challenge too. Not sure how they find the challenge but for my family was pretty easy.
As I was writing at the beginning of this challenge us as a family try to eat Wholegrain most of the time.
Here are my tips for eating more Wholegrain:
– if you bake yours use Wholegrain flour rather than white;
– replace the sugary cereals with porridge;
– buy brown rice Instead of white – it takes longer to boil but it is a lot healthier;
– brown pasta instead of white pasta – my daughter is so used with brown that she doesn’t like any other;
– make the kids their favourite cookies and muffins with whole wheat flour;
– try to eat 1 serving a day of Wholegrain but aim to eat 3 servings;
The choice for Wholegrain is wide and it does not n clued only what I mention below. You can choose your favourite and keep eating it: amaranth , barley, buckwheat, corn (including cornmeal and popcorn), millet, oats (including oatmeal), quinoa, rice (including brown, colored and wild), rye, sorghum, and wheat (including cracked wheat, bulgur, spelt and wheatberries).
I am still to try most of the grains above but I will do my best to do it in the future!
Did you take the challenge?