With all the problems we’ve been having in this house – enterocolite, constipation, diarrhoea, allergies and more I decided that is now time to take a different route in our alimentation as well.
We need to say goodbye to the bad things in the family diet and hello to new things.
Although I made this cauliflower pizza a while ago I decided that is probably time to do it all again next week and share it with you as well.
1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup hard feta cheese
- Start by washing well and break into pieces your cauliflower.
- Add it to a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds. It will not take long for the cauliflower to break.
- Once your cauliflower is pulsed put it in a bowl to microwave it for 3 to 4 minutes or in a frying pan like I did below:
- If you use a pan like i did make sure you cook until is a bit dry but sit with it all the time as it can burn very easily. Cook it on medium and mix.
- Take it out of the frying pan and let it cool.
- Once the cauliflower is cool, wrap it in a towel and wring as good and as well as you can to take all the water left in it..out of it.
- Put the cauliflower into a bowl and add the parmesan cheese, hard feta cheese, the salt, dried basil and oregano and the garlic powder. Mix all well.
- Add the egg and mix well again and form a ball.
- On a baking tray put some baking paper and then add the cauliflower dough.
- Pressing with your palm and fingers until the ball is spread in a circle like below. Don’t make it to thick or two thin. I think i made ours a bit to thin.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked and golden take it out and put the toppings you like. We choose more feta cheese and cheddar and cherry tomatoes:
- And this is what we end up with:
The girls didn’t like it as much as a normal pizza with real dough but I am sure they can be warm up to it.