This is very much one very romanian recipe. It doesn’t contain any mayonnaise or other fatty sauces – just a simple oil and vinegar/lemon dressing it’s all it needs.
Anyway without further talk from me here is the recipe:
- 4-5 white potato washed really well and boiled in their skin
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs
- 5-6 spring onions
- 5-6 radishes
- 1/2 of a large cucumber
- a big handful of olives
- the juice of one lemon or 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper
- When the potatoes are cool, peel them off the skin and cut them in little pieces or as you prefer. If you boil them too much and they are quite soft (this is what I always do) then cut the pieces bigger as they will break anyway.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Cut the boiled eggs, spring onions, radishes and cucumber as you like it and put over the potatoes.
- Add the olives.
- In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and mix.
- Ready to serve.
This is my entry into the Betta Living Vegetarian Recipe Competition. If you would like to take part too please note that you need to enter your recipe by the 14th of may. Read more on the previous link.