A couple of weeks ago I received these fantastic products Gaea sent me to review. So the other day I decided it was time to cook something with one of the products. I used the Gaea oil in my salads but had to see how the green olive tapenade tasted especially because hubby is such a green olives lover.
Check out how small this little jar is:
However is so full of flavour and totally ok for the whole dish – a full pan of salad.
Anyway here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did:
- 250 gr basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbsp Gaea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 125 gr small green lentils
- 1 jar Gaea "Green Olive Tapenade"
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- Finely grated zest from 1 lemon
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the rice, 2 cups of water, 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tsp salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the rice has absorbed almost all the water.
- Turn heat off, leave lid on pot and let the rice stand for 15 minutes, to absorb remaining water.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In the meantime, boil the lentils in ample water over medium hear for 20-25 minutes, until tender but ardent. Strain.
- Combine the rice, lentils, Gaea "Green Olive Tapenade:, lemon juice,lemon zest, dill,salt, pepper and remaining olive oil in a serving bowl.
- Toss gently to combine and serve.