Country Style Salad – Salata taraneasca
So another day another recipe for a romanian salad. It seems that now is tradition….
This recipe is so simple! When i was little i use to help my grandmother prepare it.
- 2 eggs hard boiled and cooled
- 2 large boiling potatoes – peeled and sliced
- 2 green peppers cored and sliced
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ripe black olives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 recipe vinaigrette(in another post)
Peel and slice eggs. Keep them cool. Boil the sliced potaoes just until they become soft about 15 minutes. Don’t over cook them. Let them cool in the fridge.
Place all sliced vegetables in a large salad bowl. Season to taste add the eggs and olives and season again. After sprinkle with parsley.
Keep the salad cool in the fridge and just before serving pour the vinaigrete over.
Another interesting salad! Yum!