Last week I was told to rest and relax. A bit difficult when I have to work full time and look after my 3 year old daughter. My hubby helps a lot is true but I still have to do things when I come home from home or during the weekend. Is not like I can Just lay there on the bed while my husband is taking care of everything. I already think that I don’t have enough time to do everything that needs to be done…. Have you ever been told you need to rest? What this means anyway? I mean seriously?
So apparently according to the English dictionary I should:
1. To take one’s ease; rest.
2. To become lax or loose.
3. To become less severe or strict.
4. To become less restrained or tense.
1. To cease motion, work, or activity.
2. To lie down, especially to sleep.
3. To be at peace or ease; be tranquil.
4. To be, become, or remain temporarily still, quiet, or inactive.
5. To be supported or based; lie, lean, or sit.
6. To be imposed or vested, as a responsibility or burden: The final decision rests with the chairperson. 7. To depend or rely: That argument rests on a false assumption.
8. To be located or be in a specified place: The original manuscript rests in the museum.
9. To be fixed or directed on something: “His brown eyes rested on her for a moment” (John le Carré).
10. To remain; linger.
11. Law To cease voluntarily the presentation of evidence in a case: The defense rests.
Hm…I am trying but this whole thing comes so hard to me. I mean I know I am pregnant and I should do as the doctor suggests but…I wanted to keep moving so that I can be on top of my weight and trying not to put any more weight on. With my first pregnancy I made the mistake to let myself to be way too protected by my hubby. Because I bled in my first trimester my hubby didn’t let me do anything. Even more by the end from 6 months onwards he use to drive me to work even. So like this the kgs just piled on. I guess I can always lose it after… Thing is I got really terrified when I thought that I lost my baby on Thursday and I need to try and listen. So I promise myself I will not put a strain on me anymore. I will try to rest and relax. I still need to go to work so it will not be a fully rest and relax but at least i will not ask too much from myself like i usually do.
Here are a few quotes I like this week:
The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it. ~Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris
Sometimes it’s important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it’s essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow. ~Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I’d Like to Give to You
And a poem:
Your stepping stone
Over the years when you’ve suffered a setback, and the reason for it seemed unknown. Did you ever consider that it was a lesson and that failure’s a stepping stone? How you respond and what you learn from it, shows the world how much you have grown. You’ll climb a bit higher toward the peak of success making failure a stepping stone. For you make the choice, in the way that you see it. It is your decision alone. You can stall in self-pity or keep moving upward making failure a stepping stone. So join all the people who’ve ever succeeded, and practice the courage they’ve shown. Learn from your losses but keep climbing higher, and make failure your stepping stone.
PS: Thank you all for your kind words and support in my struggles.