Phew! We just finished eating the doughnuts! And now hubby and boogie are asking for more! It literally took me about 30 minutes to prepare them, fry them and eat them. LOL! Believe me I’m not lying!
My grandmother ( mamaia Aurelia) use to cook these doughnuts for my cousins and I when I was little.
The quantities use below are only for around 30.
My grandmother use to make hundreds though!
– 1 egg
– 200 gr. natural yoghurt
– 3 tbsp.of sugar
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
– 150 gr. plain flour
– Beat the egg with a whisk and then add the yoghurt
– Add the sugar, the vanilla essence and the bicarbonate of soda. Whisk for a minute. The composition should become a bit fluffy.
– At the end add the flour,everything at the same time. I promise it will be ok. Whisk well.
– In the meantime heat up a frying pan with oil. When the oil is hot, take a teaspoon and start adding the composition to the pan. What you will have is little doughnuts at the end. Fry until the doughnuts are cooked on both sides. I used a tablespoon to turn them. Be careful as they are cooking quite fas!
– Take them out on a kitchen paper so that all the oil will be absorbed by it. At the end powder with sugar and eat.
They are really good warm but can be served cold as well. It’s your choice. Ours were eaten pretty fast.