To make them it was way easier than I thought! My girls love chocolate but I don’t really like giving them the shop bought kind. I know that there are products suitable for kids but I do prefer to make my own.
How to make chocolate at home
Author: Otilia Stocks
Recipe type: Dessert
- - 150g of pure dark chocolate
- - 50g un-salted butter
- - few drops of vanilla essence
- - raisins(Kara's favourite dry fruit)
- - Silicon icing tray with flower shape.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl on top of a pan with boiling water.
- When is melted take of the hob and add the butter and mix continuously. When the butter is melted add the vanilla and the raisins and mix until all integrated.
- Pour the chocolate liquid into the silicon tray and put in the fridge or freezer depending how fast you want to eat the chocolate.
- As it was quite warm these sat couple of days we kept the chocolate in the fridge and took one out every time we fancied.
- Kara helped me to make them although we didn't take any pictures and her verdict was - "Mummy this is the best chocolate ever! Thank you mummy!"
- I didn't add any sugar to this recipe as Kara doesn't like things to sugary and I love dark chocolate. However you can add some if you wish to make the chocolate sweeter but I would recommend icing sugar.