This recipe might be late considering that the link with the theme CHEESE went live on Friday but as i already talk to you about it i need to let you know the recipe don’t you think?
- 1 medium flower of broccoli
- 1 medium flower of cauliflower
- 4 cups of boiled rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp of flour
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of milk(you can increase of decrease the quantity to your willing thickness)
- 3 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese or any other cheese you like
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
Steam or microwave broccoli and cauliflower until tender but still keeping their colour.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the garlic finely chopped and sauté for one minute. Stir in the flour and cook about one minute to take away the flour taste. Whisk in the milk and continue whisking until is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper now if you are not feeding kids or later if you do. Add 2 cups of cheese and stir in for it to melt.
Combine broccoli, cauliflower, rice and cheese sauce and turn into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 15 minutes or until it becomes bubbly and brown on top.