This is one of those dishes that can knock up really fast and that you would just love. So if you are like me and sometimes you simply don’t have the inspiration or time to cook ahead of the time this is one of those dishes that can be cooked in less than 15 minutes!
In Romania, this is a very popular dish as it is also very cheap. Yeh, romanians always think carefully when it comes to their money.
So here is the recipe!
- 500 g of frozen green beans
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- about 150 ml hot water
- 4-5 tablespoons of tomato juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- In a big enough pan, add the oil and the green beans and fry/sote the beens for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the warm water mixed with the tomato juice and pour over the beans.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it boil for another 10-15 minutes.
- As the beans are frozen they should not take too long to boil so I recommend you to try it after 10 minutes to make sure that it doesn't boil too much.
- -4 minutes before you think they will be ready add chopped parsley and a sprinkle of salt.
- When it is ready to plate add some more parsley on top.
Of course this can be served as a meal if you are vegetarian with some nice bread or as a side dish next to your favourite meat.
It is delicious nevertheless and simple and can keep you warm in the upcoming autumn days.