Summer…hot weather…lots of lots of salad! If you know a bit about romanian you will know that they love a good cheesy tomato salad! I love the simple tomato salad with a bit of salt and olive oil but my overall favourite is the Bulgarian Salad! I am sure that if you ever been to Romania or Easter Europe you heard of it. Below is my version of the salad with lots of parsley and feta cheese!
- 150 g feta cheese
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- 150 g of peeled and sliced cucumber
- 4 spring onions
- 100 g ham
- 1 chilli pepper(optional)
- a handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil Kalamata D.O.P.
- Start by cutting the cheese and the ham in small cubes - as big as you like them.
- Wash all the rest of the vegetables and chop them to your heart desire.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions,chopped parsley,cheese and ham and mix. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and the oil on top and mix again.
- On top sprinkle the chilli and some more parsley if you wish.
- Now all is ready to serve!
This salad is one of the healthiest salads you can have. Well you could have a bit less feta cheese maybe and more green. You can also add a little bit of green or red chilli flakes to it and that will make it even more interesting.
What kind of salad do you prefer eating during the summer or at any time of the year? Would be lovely if you could share some of your recipes with the rest of my readers and I.