Cooking for a 2 year old and a 5 year old can be hard at times as most of the times one of them will definitely refuse to eat.
They never like the same things and usually one of two plates ends up in the trash.
As mummy is on a diet…they usually eat differently. However there is one thing we can all eat together – meaty cupcakes!
I mean they do eat meatballs cooked in the oven too but changing shape is just lovely for them.
- For the cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 600g ground beef, extra lean (raw)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chia seeds (egg substitute)
- Cooking spray
- How to prepare the Chia Egg Replacement:
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbso water
- Prepare the chia egg replacement:
- Using a food processor, mortar or pestle, grind the chia seeds into a meal.
- Mix the water and ground chia seed meal in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5 minutes or so, or until it takes on a goopy texture similar to raw egg yolk.
- Prepare the meaty cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. You can top some of them with ketchup if your kids like it but is not necessary.
- Bake at 190°C for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooking, make the mashed potatoes just as your girls like it. I leave it on the side.
- Serve with salad or grilled vegetables.
- They are so yummy!