I know this is the third lemonade recipe I am posting over here but I am sure you don’t mind me sharing this one with you too. Again this is such a healthy option to the pop shop drinks so a lot better for you and your kids.
Author: Otilia Stocks
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 ¼ lb strawberries, washed & cut in halves
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered
- ½- ¾ cup honey or sugar to taste, adjust based on your preference and sweetness of strawberries (is better to use honey as it's healthier)
- 6 cups of water
- Strawberry slices, lemon slices and/or fresh herbs (mint, lemon verbena, lemon balm, basil)
- Blend the strawberries, lemons and honey with 2 cups of water.
- Strain the strawberry lemon mix, add the additional 4 cups of water through the strainer
- Taste and add additional honey/sugar if needed.
- Serve cold over ice and garnished with strawberry slices, lemon slices and herbs.
- Serve as indicated above.
- You could also use sparkling water instead of still water if you would like to make the drink fizzy.