I know this is the third lemonade recipe I am posting over here but I am sure you don’t mind me sharing this one with you too. Again this is such a healthy option to the pop shop drinks so a lot better for you and your kids.
Author: Otilia Stocks
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 ¼ lb strawberries, washed & cut in halves
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered
- ½- ¾ cup honey or sugar to taste, adjust based on your preference and sweetness of strawberries (is better to use honey as it's healthier)
- 6 cups of water
- Strawberry slices, lemon slices and/or fresh herbs (mint, lemon verbena, lemon balm, basil)
- Blend the strawberries, lemons and honey with 2 cups of water.
- Strain the strawberry lemon mix, add the additional 4 cups of water through the strainer
- Taste and add additional honey/sugar if needed.
- Serve cold over ice and garnished with strawberry slices, lemon slices and herbs.
- Serve as indicated above.
- You could also use sparkling water instead of still water if you would like to make the drink fizzy.
So that is all! The drink is ready! It takes less than walk to the shop and buy a bottle of pop and is healthier.