At the beginning of the month I was showing you our egg carton caterpillars and I said that we also made some Christmas trees. Well is not yet december but thought that is time to show you our craft.
- egg carton
- green and red paint
- pipe cleaners
- If you plan to let your kids cut the cartoons and they are quite young like mine (under 7) are then you should cut the little “cups” yourself. You can of course let them do the rest alone.
- Using the end of your scissors make little holes on the top of each “cup”;
- Let your kids go wild with the green paint – my girls had green paint everywhere but especially on their hands and nose as they keep scratching it 🙂
- Let the paint dry
- When the paint is dry use a pipe cleaner to run the cups through it, after each “cup” I twirled the pipe cleaner a bit so that the “cups” are more spaced from each other.
- If you have a little bit of the pipe cleaner left above the last “cup” then fold it a bit in a bit of a circle like a decoration;
- Using red paint make little dots on it
- Let it dry