A couple of months ago we bought our girls beta fish – one for each of them. Since then my youngest wanted to make her own multicoloured one so a couple of weeks ago when the weather didn’t allow us to spend time outside we did just that.
crepe paper – two or three favourite colours
1 small piece of cardboard
- Print the fish template
- Cut out the shape of the fish from the template
- Cut the crepe paper in small little pieces
- Put the template on the top of the cardboard and with the pencil draw a line all around the fish
- Cut the cardboard with a scissors or a cutter depending on how thick is the cardboard
- Using your fingers or a wooden stick put glue on top of the cardboard fish
- Scatter the crepe paper on top of the cardboard
- Let it dry
Sounds pretty easy doesn’t it? It is really easy and the kids really enjoy doing it at any age – my eldest is 7 and my youngest 3 and they both really enjoy it!
Print out the fish template.