Handprint Tree Craft

Handprint Tree Craft

Summer is here now which means the school holidays started. With so much time on our hands is harder and harder to keep my daughters busy and entertained for long period of time when mummy needs to work and can’t spend all her time entertaining little minds.

There’s also quite an age gap between them so I need to find activities that are enjoyable for both a 3 year old and a 7 year old. Thankfully my 7 year old is quite happy to do activities that are probably even boring for her because she loves helping and teaching her little sister!

Materials:

• glue stick
  • brown thick paper
  • white thick paper
  • green paper
  • red paper
  • crayons
  • scissors
  • shape perforator

How To:

I should probably start doing some videos for crafts but I am still struggling with this filming stuff so for now it will be written stuff:

For the handprint:

• Take the brown paper and a crayon;
  • Draw around each hand – left and right
  • Using the scissors cut around the handprint

Leaves and flowers:

• Take the red and green paper and perforate the shapes for leaves and flowers;

Handprint Tree Craft

For the actual picture:

• Take the white piece of paper
  • Put glue on the wrong back of the handprints and then stick on the white paper
  • Make sure the handprints are glued properly
  • Glue the leaves and the flowers as you like
  • Draw the sun and the sky if you wish to do so
  • On the back of the paper write down the name of the child who made the picture and the date

Handprint Tree Craft

Handprint Tree Craft

Handprint Tree Activity

*********************************************

More crafts and recipes from fellow bloggers:

• Cat from Yellow Days has a simple but tasty recipe for a warming Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup.
  • Hedgehog craft – Joy from Pinkoddy shares information and a hedgehog craft with her children.
  • Jennifer from Jennifer’s Little World has made some Autumn hama bead tea light holders using Hama beads” if you change it please still include the battery operated candle bit so that I don’t cause fires!
  • Carolin from Mummy Alarm is giving you 10 Halloween Safety Tips from pumpkin carving to trick or treating, so you and your family can have a fun and safe Halloween.
  • Kirsty from the Mummysphere has a recipe for easy baked apples that makes a delicious autumn or winter treat.
  • Emma from A Bavarian Sojourn made this really yummy looking Autumn Apple Cake.
  • If foraging is your thing, try Aly from Bug, Bird And Bee’s recipe for yellow plum chutney.
  • Michelle at Mummy from the Heart is happy to share her tips on why it is great to get your kids foraging with you, and it is super simple too!

For more crafts and other activities you should come and visit us out Pinterest page:

Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!

21 Comments

1. September 21, 2016 / 4:40 pm

Very cute craft Otilia, I’m sure so many kids will enjoy this. Mich x

2. September 24, 2016 / 8:20 pm

lovely ideas here Otilia – my boys would enjoy making these x

3. March 25, 2017 / 1:36 pm

These are cute and a nice craft to save for years to come so that you can look back and see how tiny their hands used to be. I have kids with a wide age gap as well. It is hard to find something to entertain them all!

4. March 25, 2017 / 4:48 pm

This looks like such a fun craft to do with the kids! I need to get some construction paper and do this activity with them. I know they will definitely enjoy it!

5. March 26, 2017 / 1:56 am

This is so cute! My youngest daughter is seven, and would probably love doing something like this – I’m saving the idea for summertime when she’ll be stuck at home and probably bored senseless.

6. The Playful Parent
    March 26, 2017 / 12:39 pm

Such a fun craft. Great for the changing of seasons from winter to spring. I might do this but use cherry blossom leaves since the big cherry blossom festival is coming up in April.

7. kristen morris
    March 26, 2017 / 1:35 pm

What an awesome craft idea! I will have to pull this out of my hat the next time I babysit my nieces and nephews!

8. March 26, 2017 / 5:52 pm

How fun! It’s so great that your big girl seems to be so good with her sister! Love that 😀 My kid is too little to try with scissors but the handprint stuff is always fun!

9. March 26, 2017 / 11:30 pm

this is adorable! I love doing little craft projects with my daughter. She would love this.

10. March 27, 2017 / 12:30 am

Genius! So simple and yet clearly creative and entertaining. I’m definitely going to try this one.

11. March 27, 2017 / 1:33 am

A simple but fun craft idea. A variation on this for older kids is to do henna/ zentangle inspired drawings on the hand cutout – they love it!

12. Elizabeth O.
    March 27, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Activities like this are always so much fun! I miss making arts and crafts with the kids, they’re all grown up now!

13. March 27, 2017 / 3:26 pm

My daughter and I would make crafts like this just for fun! It’s always so nice to get ideas from fellow moms. Thanks for this one!

14. March 29, 2017 / 1:13 am

I love this idea. I will have to see if my son will let me do it with him. He is only a year old so we shall see. I can make one for my husband and I and one for the grandparents.

15. March 29, 2017 / 3:11 pm

What a cute craft idea for kids. I’d love to let the grand kids do this. It will be fun to show it to them when they have kids of their own. Those tiny hands.

16. Angela Milnes
    March 29, 2017 / 5:50 pm

What a unique ideas and perfect for the kids to keep them busy. I want this for my son

17. Angela Zimsky
    March 30, 2017 / 7:31 am

I look forward to doing these sort of activities with my daughter. She will be 2 in June so for now I am limited to what keeps her focus.

18. March 30, 2017 / 8:23 am

I love this craft projects on two levels. Its a cute way to use your kids hands and it keeps those hands from being idle.

19. March 31, 2017 / 7:24 am

What a super crafting idea for kids! Mine would have loved something like this when they were younger.