I always been fascinated about ladybugs and because of it my girls are too. I taught them the songs about ladybugs in romanian and in english so they loved doing this little craft. Although it might seem a bit more difficult for a younger child it will be quite easy if you give them your guidance.
- Paper plates
- Red and black paint
- Googly eyes
- Cut the paper plate in half. Paint one half in red and let it dry.
- Paint little black dots on it, antennas and a half circle for it’s face. Let this dry.
- Out of the other half of the plate 6 thin strips in the shape of little legs and paint them in black. Let them dry.
- Glue the googly eyes on to the face.
- Glue the legs on the back of the half red paper.
And this is what my girls managed to do each after their aptitudes – better the 7 year old and a bit more messy the 3 year old. We also made some bees using the same process only yellow paint and made them wings too.
Do check our other crafts by clicking the tab in the menu and by checking our Pinterest account.