The new year is upon us and many of us are making exciting and bright plans for the year ahead. For many of us, these plans will involve some sort of holiday or getaway. This isn’t all too surprising.
Over the past year and a half or so, many of us have been unable to get away as a direct result of the pandemic. As coronavirus and Covid-19 spread around the world, many countries have put limitations on travel, at times recommending that people only travel if absolutely necessary.
However, as time goes on, and as more and more people are getting vaccinated, many of us are now seeing travel as a more realistic and feasible option. Now, planning a trip can be complex, so it’s best to get started sooner rather than later.
If you’re struggling to choose a destination, why not consider Greece? Here’s some more information that can help you onto that plane and will see you having a great time in this Mediterranean paradise!
Whether you’re looking for beautiful beaches, rugged mountains, green valleys, lakes or forests, you can rest assured that Greece has it all. This beautiful nation is a tourist hot spot for good reason. With delicious local food, nights out and more on the table, it’s likely to tick all your boxes when it comes to planning an ideal getaway!
On top of this, Greece has always been famous for its relatively low prices in comparison to many other popular European travel destinations. Sure, there are a lot of expensive establishments around, but you really can find many budget friendly options too!
Of course, before booking any holiday at the moment, there are a number of considerations that you will need to take into account. There are all the usual considerations, like budget and how appropriate different hotels or accommodation may be for your family. But then there are additional considerations. Do you need to be vaccinated to enter or return from this country? Will you need to pay for testing on your way in and out?
Do children require testing at this time? How much will this cost? Can everyone be insured? Make sure to fully think your trip over before booking.
There are countless things you can do in Greece – and the best for you will depend entirely on the type of holiday you’d like to have. Here are some recommendations that many enjoy!
- Acropolis – this cluster of ancient ruins in Greece tends to be its top tourist attraction. Why not make a day of it?
- Boating – why not consider yachts for charter in Greece from Athens? Getting out on the open water can be a great day out where you can relax, enjoy yourself and see some beautiful landscapes. If you’re not confident about boating, there are many day trips where someone else will drive the boat.
- Tsambika Beach – looking for somewhere to relax in beautiful surroundings? This beach is a firm favorite among visitors. Soft sands, warm waters and sunny climes – just make sure to bring your sunscreen!
- Dining – food will form an essential and memorable part of your trip in Greece. You may find yourself dining out at tavernas and restaurants who will be able to make stunning, traditional Greek dishes. Alternatively, you may want to explore street foods while you’re on the go, like souvlaki and pita with gyros. Food is often accompanied with good discussion and social bonding, so get ready to make some new friends along the way!
- The Parthenon – Greece has many UNESCO World Heritage sites and the Parthenon is one of the most popular and most commonly visited. Its perfectly proportioned columns are a sight to behold, made of ancient marble.
- Islands – Greek is famous for its islands – and there are plenty to visit. Why not do a little research into all of the different ones you can visit and plan a few day trips around?
While we’ve only briefly touched upon the best that Greece has to offer, hopefully, this has opened your eyes to the potential of this stunning destination. Why not start planning now to get the ball rolling on a great summer getaway? This could prove to be the getaway of a lifetime!
Just make sure to be flexible with your plans and to purchase insurance options where possible. This will help you to save money and get a return on what you’ve invested if travel restrictions do change and travel isn’t possible when you planned. You can never be too careful when planning travel at the moment, so take all precautions necessary!