I’ve been so busy and tired this week that I totally forgot that is my turn to host the Foodie Friday this week. I had to fully look after my girls these last couple of weeks with no help from the grandparents as they were visiting my sister in Abu Dhabi. Joy!
For them not really for me! Well don’t understand me wrong…I love my girls a LOT but sometimes they can be quite exhausting especially because my youngest started the tantrum stage! Oh yeh!
But I did cook so as it happens this week theme is MEAT! And the recipe is Beef Meatballs!
This is not a new recipe. I used more or less this recipe although some of the ingredients were replaced by others. However the way it was cook is similar.
- 500g of beef mince(the most meaty beef you can get)
- 350g onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 5g dried mixed herbs
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- pasta (any shape you might like)
- Finely dice the onion and fry half in a pan with a little oil until soft. Add the dried herbs and set aside to cool.
- In a separate pan, fry the remaining onion and dried herbs in a little oil for five minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- Mix the cooled onion with the minced beef , the carrot and the zucchini that were cut small by a food processor. Also add breadcrumbs and form into small balls.
- Fry the meatballs in a pan over a moderate heat until browned all over. Add the tomato sauce and simmer for five minutes.
- Cook the desired pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, drain well and serve topped with the meatballs in tomato sauce.
It is really yummy and my girls love it especially when I use different shape pasta – this time i sued bows (have no idea how they are called in italian! LOL).
Now I hope you enjoyed the recipe but now I have to tell you which is the featured recipe this week. Although we didn’t have many entries the ones linked up were really yummy looking!
So there you have it Chocolate Orange Cake from The Brick Castle nicely baked by Jenny!
Thank you for linking up Jenny!
Here are the rest of the recipes linked up last week:
You can find all the linked up recipes in last week linky over at Casa Costello
Now I remind you that this week theme is MEAT and if you want to link up I invite you to check out this page as there you will find the rules and the badges for each host if you would like to use them.
Now…have fun linking up, discovering new recipes and pinning!
Have a great weekend!