This is a delicious light dessert that is a favorite in our family. I hope you will enjoy it too.
Makes: 6 servings
* ½ quart milk
* 4 tablespoons sugar
* 4 large eggs
* 2-3 drops vanilla extract
* 5 tablespoons sugar – for coating the baking pan
1. In a pot simmer milk on medium-low heat adding 4 tablespoons sugar and vanilla and stirring continuously until the sugar is melted. Simmer the milk for an additional 1-2 minutes.
2. In a flan pan heat on the stove top the 5 tablespoons of sugar until the sugar becomes golden brown and liquid. Tilt the form to cover evenly the bottom and the sides with gold caramel sugar.
3. Put the 4 eggs in a bowl. Mix the egg whites with the yolks by stirring slowly (not beating).
4. Pour slowly the milk over the eggs, stirring the composition.
5. Pour the egg mixture in the flan form and cover it with aluminum foil.
6. Put the form into a bigger pot with hot water (the water must be at the same level with the flan composition).
8. Let it cool slightly and invert carefully on a serving plate. Be careful to separate the edges with a knife before inverting and choose a serving plate that is a bit deep to hold the caramel sauce.